Wednesday 26 June 2013

Ombre Glitter Nails - Firey

Fiery tangerine orange and red glitter ombre nails

 Step 1 

Apply a base coat. This protects your nails from being stained. 

Advice - My personal favourite is Nail Envy. It does a great job at stopping staining, as well and helping your nails get stronger and longer. I usually apply 2 coats of nail envy. 

Wait for it to completely dry. 


Step 2

Paint on your base colour. In this look I go for Barry M Tangerine. Always apply two thin coats of your base colour, but let them dry between layers. Two thin coats lasts longer without chipping than thick coats do. 

I go for the one middle stroke, two side strokes approach. 


Tip - try leaving a small gap between your nail varnish and cuticle, it looks more professional. It's easier to do it right the first time rather than faff around with cotton buds soaked in nail varnish remover trying to clean it up. 


Step 3

This is the tricky bit so take your time. Wait till the base colour is completely dry, I'd give it 5-10 minutes. Now go to your glitter paint. I really love the variety of Barry M's glitter paints, and  £4 isn't going to break the bank. 

Scrape most of the excess glitter off the brush. Start near the end of your nail gently brushing a very thin layer of glitter onto your nail, move down until this very sparse glitter goes about half way down your nails. Top up your brush with more glitter, and cover the very tips in a really thick layer of glitter. Finally, gently match up the thick layer of glitter with the sparse glitter in the middle of your nail by gently brushing more glitter onto that area.

Step 4 

Seal your nail art in with a top coat. I use Nails inc Albert Bridge top coat. It dries in 45 seconds which is a must for me, since I cannot sit and let my nails dry without realising I need to do something (worst is going to the loo, definitely want to do that before you start painting). 





Adapting 

This look can definitely be adapted. I really like going for a white base colour and red glitter. 

Be creative! I'd love to see some other examples of this look.  

Instagram me @hattievdt 


No comments:

Post a Comment